Credit Checks, Earth Science, Dream Interpretation


a Skip Pulley Answers and Advice Column  


Credit Checks  
From: M, Ottowa, Ontario
 Can someone do a credit check on me even though I never had a credit card?
"I'm trying to move but every potential landlord I've met so far wanted to do a credit check on me. I told them I have never had a credit card and they told me that doesn't matter. They never call me back, so I don't know what's going on. I'm 19 years old and I don't owe any money. All my bills are under my name and I always pay on time."

M, your official credit record begins from the time you open your first account of any kind; bank account, insurance, leasing agreement, etc. Credit scores are based on the number of accounts you have open, your balances and your payment history. The irony is, our economic system is so jacked up that bad credit is actually better than no credit because at least with bad credit you have created a record of debt, which is actually how wealth is measured in a market system economy. Basically, debt equals money. New money cannot be generated without generating new debt. As a result, if everyone paid off all their debt at once, the system would collapse. In other words, the "purpose" of our system is debt. My advice is to open a store credit account, only use it for certain necessities and pay off the balance every month. That should boost your rating up to the standard for the average inquiry.

Earth Sciences and Geology  

From: Jessie, Continental US
When was convection discovered?
Hi Jessie. Convection is basically the transfer of thermal energy from one place to another by the movement of fluids or gases and can refer to heat or cooling. Sir Isaac Newton was the first to document it (in a formula) in "Newton's Law" of cooling which states that the rate of heat loss of a body is proportional to the difference in temperatures between the body and its surroundings. However, ancient civilizations discovered that convection occurred on a large scale caused by the sun and stars; and it affects our atmosphere, ocean currents and the earth's crust.

Dream Interpretation  
From Anonymous, Southern US
I am having a recurring nightmare involving a tsunami or a tornado. What does that mean?
A recurring nightmare about a storm or natural disaster is a reflection of how you feel about your current situation or day-to-day life. Nature is something that humans cannot control. The theme of being washed away or swept up by a storm is an unconscious metaphor for being caught or trapped in a situation or set of circumstances you feel is beyond your control. You may not think it is upsetting you, but it is obviously being internalized and is manifesting itself as a recurring dream. Take charge of your daily life and put yourself back in the driver's seat. This may not be easy to do, but create a plan of action and stick to it. You will be glad you did. If you are inside the dream, and you are able to realize it, step into the tidal wave or funnel cloud in order to stop the recurrence. Remember, if you realize that it is just a dream, you can manipulate the course of the dream as well as the outcome.

If you would like to ask me a question or get my advice, please message me. 

You are welcome to keep yourself and your location anonymous if you like. Thank you!

Skip Pulley
Editor in Chief




Comments

Live Bitcoin Chart